DPT Admission Requirements
You can apply through the PTCAS System. This application is for students who will have a bachelor's degree prior to entering the Trine University Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
- Evidence a bachelor's degree will be completed prior to entry into the program
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- No grade lower than a B for prerequisite courses*
- Evidence the below prerequisite courses will be completed prior to entering the program:
- 2 biological science courses with lab (excluding botany and zoology)
- 2 general chemistry courses with lab
- 2 general physics courses with lab
- 1 human anatomy course with lab
- 1 human physiology course with lab
- 1 psychology course
- 1 statistics course
*Due to grading changes made by schools in response to the COVID-19 situation, grades of satisfactory (S), pass (PA), and the like will be accepted for prerequisite courses completed January through August 2020.
- Completed Application in PTCAS System
- Through PTCAS System, submit three recommendation forms: one from a person qualified to evaluate your academic performance (such as a former instructor) is required; one from a licensed physical therapist or physician is suggested
- Through PTCAS System, document completion of 40 hours of PT patient care observation with clinical observation verification form
- GRE scores (GRE Code for Trine University is 1811)
We have a rolling admission cycle so applications are reviewed on an continual basis.
Pre-DPT Undergraduate program and DPT Direct Entry Admissions - [ Learn more ]
Trine University's pre-physical therapy professional track is designed for students preparing to apply to a Doctor of Physical Therapy program. This track can be associated with any major.
Students who have achieved superior academic performance in high school should apply for the Trine University DPT Direct Entry program. This track is limited and highly selective.