DPT Admission Requirements
Pre-DPT Undergraduate program and DPT Direct Entry Admissions - [ Learn more ]
The pre-physical therapy professional track is designed for students preparing to apply to a Doctor of Physical Therapy program. This track can be associated with any major.
First-year students who have achieved superior academic performance in high school may apply for the Trine University DPT Direct Entry program.
DPT Admission -
You can also apply through the new PTCAS System
This path is for students who will have a bachelor's degree prior to entering the Trine University Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
- Evidence that a bachelor's degree will be completed prior to entry into the program.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 and no grade lower than a B for prerequisite courses.
- Evidence that the following prerequisite courses will be completed prior to entering into the program:
biological sciences (excluding botany and zoology) with labs
general chemistry with labs
human anatomy with lab
human physiology with lab
general physics with labs
- Completed Application
- Three completed recommendation forms: one from a person qualified to evaluate your academic performance (such as a former instructor) is required; one from a licensed physical therapist or physician is suggested.
- Completion of 40 hours of observation of PT patient care documented using the clinical observation verification form.
- GRE scores (GRE Code for Trine University is 1811)
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. We have a rolling admissions cycle.
Note: All online applications are FREE.