On Broadway! An evening of solos & monologues - October 30th, 2020 - Furth Performing Arts Center - 250 guest welcome under Covid 19 protocol - MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON!
The Theatre minor requires 15 credit hours. The theatre minor is intended to provide students from any major who wish to gain from a variety of meaningful academic and practical experiences in theatre. Upon completion of this minor added to any appropriate major, students will be prepared to work in a non-commercial field of theatre such as communicty theatre or to ppursue advanced training leading to a career in professional theatre. When combined with the Communcation major, this minor will allow student to become active participants in a variety of theatrical professions such as design, public relations, house/event management, stage lighing, etc.
THE 103 Introduction to Theatre
THE 100 Theatre Production
OR THE 101 Theatre Production
ENG 423 Drama
OR ENG 433 Shakespheare and His Times
COM 373 Topics in Communication
(rotating theatre emphasis of "Fundamentals of Acting", "Stagecraft", "Directing", etc.)
Total Minor Program: 15 credit hours
For a complete description of the above requirements, please go to the Course Catalog .
A Theatre Scholarship at Trine is awarded to students demonstrating exceptional talent in one or several areas of the theatrical arts. Areas include, but are not limited to, acting, directing, set/sound or light design, costume design, or stage management. Recipients also have a clear desire to grow and utilize their talent while studying here and also later in life. Students must audition and/or meet with the theatre professor in order to be considered for this scholarship. For more information, email Theatre Professor Mindy Maples: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipients are required to:
- Meet with the theatre professor three times a semester:
- Twice with all theatre scholarship recipients, and once individually with the theatre professor
- Participate in one theatrical production each semester (acting, publicity, backstage, etc.)
- Register for Theatre Practicum (currently Theatre Production) for 1 credit per semester to document time spent on a production
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA from high school
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA at Trine
- Be an active member in Drama Club