2019 Innovation One Challenge
Rewarding the best and brightest business and innovation ideas in the region
Innovation One and Fifth Third Bank invite regional residents to participate in the Innovation Challenge presented by Fifth Third Bank. The challenge is open to all regional community members in the greater tri-state area, including all high school and college students, faculty and staff.
Cash Prizes will be awarded for each category.
Business and Innovative Invention
1st - $3,000
2nd - $1,000
Innovation Challenge Timeline
now - January 16
You can apply and submit your projects anytime during this date range.
January 14 - January 17
Innovation Challenge staff and judges will review all applications and select the finalists in each category.
The finalists will be contacted.
February 12 and 14
Finalists will present their ideas to the judging panel
The Innovation Challenge Expo will be held and awards presented for each category. Each Innovation Challenge Finalist project will be on display.
Expo is open to the public and will be held in the University Center from 2:30-4:30pm.
Innovation Challenge Application
Summary of Selected Rules
The clarity and descriptiveness of each submission will make a difference and enhance chances of becoming a finalist.
- No entries involving tobacco, firearms or drugs.
- Nothing that is deemed dangerous or of questionable ethics by the committee will be allowed.
- Entries can be individual or team.
- Grand prize winners are not eligible for other awards.
- Top 10 Business and Top 10 Technology projects will give a 20-minute presentation to the Judging Committee.
- Any material needed to present is allowed, including working prototypes, diagrams, etc.
- Committee has the right to disqualify entries.
- One entry per individual or team.
- Decision of Judging Committee is final.
- Project submissions will be accepted through January 11, 2019.
- Competition Expo will be Friday, February 15, 2019 with winners being announced after.
- Intellectual property rights will be retained by owner of the idea/project.
Please contact Karen Morthorst firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.