Common Questions

Student talking with recruiter

Have a quick question? Something we can help you with? If you don't find the answer below, contact International Admissions at

Q: How much does it cost for international students to attend Trine for one year?

A: To attend Trine, a student will need to document the availability totaling the minimum on the International Student Certification of Finances forms. Please see the International Tuition and Fees page for the financial statements.  Acceptable documents include bank, stock account statements, and the International Student Certification of Finances form.

Q: As an international student, can I receive transfer credit for my previous college-level work?

A: Yes, if Trine offers the same course, you may receive transfer credit.

Q: Do you offer scholarships to international students?

A: Yes, scholarships are available to all international undergraduate students with a record of high academic achievements.  Visit the International Student Scholarship page for more information.

Q: Do you offer financial aid for international students?

A: Trine offers limited financial aid to international undergraduate degree seeking students. For more information, please contact your international admission counselor.

Q: What are the application deadlines?

A: You should apply at least 60 days before classes begin so you have sufficient time to obtain a student visa.

Q: When must my tuition be paid?

A: Payment of tuition, fees, and room and board are due at the Business Office on the date indicated on the student's bill.

Q: How do I find a roommate?

A: If you are living on-campus and you do not request a specific roommate, you will be assigned a roommate(s) based upon the information you provide on your housing application.

Q: Who do I ask for help to obtain a visa?

A: When you have completed the steps to apply and paid your enrollment fees, you will be issued an I-20.

Q: How do I travel to Trine University?

A: You can reach Angola, Indiana via air travel by flying to the (FWA) Fort Wayne International Airport (located approximately 1 hour away from Angola). Transportation will be offered from the Fort Wayne International Airport (airport code FWA) only. Notification is required in advanced.  NOTICE: Fort Wayne International Airport (FWA) is in Fort Wayne, Indiana,  not in Indianapolis or Detroit.

Q: Must I have medical insurance? How to I obtain this and what is the cost?

A: All international students will be required to carry Trine University's student insurance unless they are sponsored and can provide proof of insurance through a sponsor. For more information, please visit the University's International health insurance page.

Q: What are your academic terms for undergraduate programs?

A: Trine operates on semesters (16 weeks). A new academic year begins the third week of August. There are two semesters in an academic year with the option of summer classes.

Q: What documents do I need to apply for admission?

A: During the application process, you will upload all school academic records. These records should be in English and include all courses taken, grades received and degrees or certificates earned. An explanation of your school's coding system used to evaluate your work should accompany the records.

Q: Can you issue an I-20 to an international student?

A: Yes, an I-20 is issued once an international student has been admitted and paid the one-time international student fee. (To apply for a visa, please send your I-20 documentation and acceptance letter to the U.S. embassy in your country.)

Q: What is the minimum TOEFL requirement for an international applicant?

A: Please see the Apply page.

Q: Is on-campus housing available for international undergraduate students?

A: Yes. Admitted undergraduate will receive information via email to sign up for housing from their admission counselor once they have submitted a deposit.