BS in Biomedical Engineering
Engineer solutions to biomedical issues
The human body is a complex machine, and, like all machines, sometimes needs a little engineering help. The Bachelor of Science in biomedical engineering at Trine University equips you with the tools needed to develop these solutions.
The degree: Integration of engineering and biological sciences
The Bachelor of Science in biomedical engineering integrates the design and problem-solving skills of engineering with medical and biological sciences to advance health care. The biomedical engineering program prepares you for a successful career in industry and graduate school. You will be able to select one of three focus area concentrations: research, electrical or mechanical engineering.
The experience: Use biomedical engineering tools to solve real problems
Building upon Trine University’s rich engineering heritage, the biomedical engineering program presents a “hands-on” approach to student learning. You will have access to state-of-the-art engineering laboratories as well as various labs in the Jannen School of Arts and Sciences.
- Integrated exposure to an eight-camera Vicon Motion Capture Biomechanics Lab
- Material property analysis utilizing an Instron Tensile Machine in the Biomaterials Lab
- Static and dynamic assays as part of the Biomedical Engineering Laboratory Techniques course
- Physiological measurements with biomedical instruments
- Applied human-centered senior design projects
- Scaffold development for cellular integration utilizing a 3D Tissue Printer
- Potential to acquire minors in bioprocess engineering, robotics, chemistry, biology or mathematics
The result: Success in a career or graduate school
As a graduate with a Bachelor of Science in biomedical engineering degree, you will be equipped with the skills to be successful in industry or graduate school.
- Our faculty and employment specialists aid students in understanding the opportunities available within the field of biomedical engineering
- Our modular curriculum allows students to tailor their degree plan to fit personal and career interests
- You will engage in biomedical-related co-ops, internships and REUs, including opportunities sponsored by Trine Innovation 1
- You will have the option to pursue health science career paths including pre-med, Master of Physician Assistant Studies and Doctor of Physical Therapy programs or a Master of Science in Engineering Management