Transfer Credit Resources

Transfer Honor RollTrine University works closely with students and colleges/universities within the region and across the United States to ensure a seamless transfer of credits. 


Credits may be eligible for transfer using the below guidelines for higher education institutions, credit by examinations, military credit, or prior learning. An official evaluation of transfer credit shall be processed when the University receives an official transcript, exam scores, or documentation of the completed coursework. 

  • Credits earned from an approved college or university where work completed is of similar rigor and content to the course offerings available at Trine University
  • A grade of "C" or higher must have been earned in the course
  • An official transcript or exam scores sent from the institution directly to Trine University
  • Remedial or preparatory courses are not eligible for transfer
  • Equivalent or duplicate credit already awarded or earned at Trine University is not eligible for transfer
  • Only the credit will transfer, not the grade earned from the other institution
  • A maximum of 90 transfer credits from college/university transfer courses, college level examinations, military coursework, or experiential learning can apply toward a baccalaureate degree. Up to 45 transfer credits can apply toward an associate degree. 
  • Residency requirements:
    • Baccalaureate degree - a student must earn a minimum of 30 credits at Trine. Thirty of the last 60 credits of a four-year degree program must be taken at Trine. 
    • Associate degree - a student must earn a minimum of 15 credits at Trine. Fifteen of the last 30 credits of a two-year degree program must be taken at Trine.

Please request official transcripts or scores be sent from the college or university to

Will my courses transfer?


A maximum of six (6) semester hours of graduate course credit may be counted toward completion of a graduate degree at Trine University with a grade of B or above and with the approval of the program chair/director and dean. All other courses must be taken at Trine University. Transfer credit will not include a grade and, therefore, will not impact the student’s GPA. Courses used to satisfy the requirements of a bachelor’s degree cannot be applied to a master’s degree. The final 15 credit hours must be received within Trine University. This transfer credit policy does not apply to programs within the Brooks College of Health Professions, Master of Education programs, nor the Doctor of Information Technology .