The Academic Director is responsible for advising online/hybrid students and providing oversight to faculty and curriculum within program specific areas. The Academic Director inspires, challenges, and motivates students to successfully complete their academic and career goals. The Academic Director ensures the program specific areas adhere to academic policies, procedures and philosophy of Trine University
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise and register students through personalized one-on-one advising.
- Support enrollment goals and retention activities through proactive student outreach, proper onboarding and helping students overcome potential barriers to success.
- Research and coordinate the development of new academic programs to align with needs of the workforce and prospective students.
- Schedule discipline-related courses and faculty each semester for online/hybrid degree seeking students and other students at the university.
- Provide oversight and support of faculty and program matter experts in content specific disciplines in accordance to the college’s processes and procedures.
- Work with academic professionals across Trine University to ensure quality educational experiences.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Supervises faculty in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree required; will consider candidates currently pursuing a master’s degree schedule to complete within the next two years.
- Experience in online learning or higher education.
- Experience with advising students, student affairs, counseling or related experience.
- Experience with multiple modes of instructional delivery, as well as faculty oversight and coaching.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1½ times annual salary
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service, undergraduate education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.