Job Posting - Assistant / Associate Professor of English
Assistant / Associate Professor of English
Full-time, Assistant Professor of English
The Department of Humanities and Communication at Trine University invites applications for a full-time assistant/associate English professor position with a specialty in one or more of the following (1) rhetoric and composition; (2) technical writing; (3) writing pedagogy; or (4) popular culture. Trine is a private institution in northeast Indiana that prides itself on its 99% job placement rate for graduates.
Preferred candidates will have experience teaching English in a variety of forms, with a particular interest in teaching freshman composition. Special consideration will be given to those with additional experience in film, theater, or writing center.
Service to the department and the university is highly valued. This can take many forms from advising student media, working with the HAC media team, advising student organizations, assisting with the many departmental activities, and helping to grow the English major.
High quality teaching is our first priority, with faculty teaching a 4/4 load; however, faculty members are expected to engage in professional development activities and develop/maintain appropriate professional contacts, as well as significant student advising.
Although Trine University does not have tenure, faculty retention is outstanding.
A terminal degree in English, Rhetoric and Composition, or a closely related discipline is preferred; Minimum qualification for the position is a Master’s degree in English or closely related discipline.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Professional work experience in an English related field;
- A demonstrated record of excellence and innovation in teaching;
- A commitment to service as a student advisor, student organization advisor, and active member of an undergraduate teaching team;
- A commitment to teaching primarily in the freshman composition sequence;
- Experience and interest in writing center administration.
Salary & Benefits:
Full-time, faculty-line salary
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health - medical, dental, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life insurance - a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1 ½ times annual salary
- Paid sick time
- Retirement - after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.