Associate Director of Admissions
Associate Director of Admissions
The position is responsible for the development and implementation of the University’s recruitment program. The Associate Director of Admissions works and contributes through a team-oriented approach in the overall planning and operations of the University’s admissions arena including strategic recruitment planning, application processing, marketing, and policy/communication development; along with the coordination of specific recruitment-related programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position has the primary responsibility to assume a key territorial recruitment assignment, including prospective student tele-counseling, presentations on the University and financial aid, coverage of college fair programs, high school visits, applicant follow up, and local counselor events etc.
- Responsible for applicant file review, upgrades, major changes etc. within the territory.
- Systematically collect, analyze, and use data on market, prospects, applicants, admitted students, and enrolled students, in order to target resources effectively and constantly improve recruitment efforts within your territory
- Manage communications with high schools in territory to market DE strategic partnerships
- This person also assists with group campus visitation programs (e.g. open houses), scholarship day competitions, website monitoring and maintenance, staff meetings, and campus visits.
- Serves as the primary coordinator and liaison for all direct entry pathways and manages the application and admission process for those candidates.
- Partners with others in planning, implementation and evaluation of all programs and efforts, which seek to enroll an academically talented and culturally diverse student body from recruitment territory.
- Be the lead trainer and mentor for all new members of the admission counseling staff. They will oversee and create a training schedule as well as meet routinely with new staff members to make sure they are making satisfactory progress.
- Will lead a tour guide training program to hire, train, oversee, and manage our student tour guides.
- Serves as the immediate back up to the Director of Admission
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required and a master’s degree preferred. Minimum 2 years’ experience in Admissions and/or higher education field.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.