Associate Professor - Nursing | Trine University
Associate Professor - Nursing
Fort Wayne, Indiana
The position of Associate Professor requires an individual who can provide excellence in teaching, interested in both their students and their subjects. He/she must be committed to the centrality of a Trine University education. The Professor should have a broad understanding of appropriate academic programs and potential future directions; be flexible, visionary, creative and energetic; and want students to excel and take pleasure in their success. Fair discipline, attention to duty, and desire for self-improvement are expected traits of Trine University Faculty members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach the standard faculty load of twelve (12) semester hours per semester or twenty-four (24) semesters per academic year.
- Develop and implement curriculum, including selecting textbooks.
- Provide instruction (teach class) for the class length listed in the official schedule.
- Provide each student with a course syllabus at the first class session.
- Review course syllabus with students at the first class session.
- At a minimum, prepare and grade a midterm and final exam or project for each course.
- Record class attendance
- Submit absentee and deficiency information to Academic Support Services via the Intranet.
- Post and maintain a regular schedule of at least ten (10) office hours per week—one office hour shall be scheduled per week for each credit hour of instruction
- Assist students with academic deficiencies.
- Assist the director in departmental functions.
- Participate in developing or implementing the department strategic plan.
- Advise prospective and current students about curriculum and career opportunities.
- The Associate Professor will also be responsible and accountable for additional duties and assignments as prescribed by the respective Department Director, School Dean, and Vice President.
Education and/or Experience
The Associate Professor should bring experience with, and commitment to:
- promotion of academic program(s)
- assessing student competence and performance
- service to the university
- attending faculty meetings and participating in faculty committees
- student recruiting, and retention (in conjunction with Admissions)
- service to the community
- activities leading to professional development and growth
- scholarship, which could include current and relevant publications, and attending and participating in conferences and seminars
- exemplary personal conduct—students and colleagues recognize the faculty member as a true professional in the highest sense of the term
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Indiana (active, unencumbered)
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Application materials should include a focused letter of interest, a current curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.