Assistant/Associate Professor of Design Engineering Technology
Assistant / Associate Professor of Design Engineering Technology
The Department of Engineering Technology invites applications for a permanent, full-time faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank for Fall 2019.The department offers an established Design Engineering Technology degree program producing over 45 graduates each year with 100 percent placement rates during the previous 6 years.
The position requires a bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology or Mechanical engineering. A Master's Degree in engineering, engineering technology, Engineering Education, or a closely related field is also required. Preference may be given to those who may apply with a Ph.D. in engineering technology, Engineering Education, or a related engineering discipline.
The ideal candidate will have industrial experience and the ability to teach a wide variety of undergraduate engineering technology courses including statics, strength of materials, SolidWorks, NX, Machine Design, Mechanisms, DFMA, and GD&T. Excellent English communication ability is a must. This position is a teaching position; hence, a strong commitment to teaching is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills: Individual must be fluent with the English language.
- Mathematical Skills: Individual must possess adequate mathematical skills.
- Reasoning Ability: Individual must possess adequate reasoning skills.
- Computer Skills: Individual must possess above average computer skills with various software applications relative to this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work Environment: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match.
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1 ½ times annual salary)
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service Education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children.
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
Interested candidates should include, curriculum vita and list of at least three references. Review of candidates will begin immediately and will close when the position is filled.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.