Director of Technical Training
Director of Technical Training
The Director of Technical Training position is an integral member of the University’s Innovation One team. The Director of Technical Training provides leadership in the growth and development of Trine’s Center for Technical Training. This position will interact directly with industry and regional secondary school corporations to develop partnerships for training along with teaching a variety of courses in industrial systems for electro-mechanical maintenance (mechatronics) and/ or manufacturing systems to make students ready to enter the workforce in the field of mechatronics.
In addition, this position will assist students with connecting concepts with real world applications, helps participants navigate potential course obstacles and gain an understanding of how classroom content is applied directly to their workforce development field. The director will have responsibility for teaching courses such as they are needed from the SACA portfolio and FANUC robotics; as well as, programs that will be identified as the program matures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to interact with external contacts at a high level
- Ability to learn course development and program development
- Ability to teach students of various ages and diverse backgrounds
- Able to work productively and communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff
- Represent the college in a professional, positive manner with prospective, former and current students, staff, faculty, administrators and community contacts.
- Assist with development of retention and recruiting strategies.
- Must be proficient and experienced in electronics, mechanical maintenance, electrical motor controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, PLC, instrumentation, preventative maintenance, welding, machine tool, basic computer software and hardware.
- Be responsible for maintenance of equipment used in training. Report any damaged or missing instructional equipment.
- Maintain a well-organized, safe, and clean shop and/ or classroom
- Assist in developing curriculum on the following topics
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Ladder Logic
- Robotics and Industrial Automation
- Kinematics of Robotics arms, manipulators, linkages and gears
- Pneumatics systems, Motor and Actuators
- Feedback Control Systems
- Ensure the students follow all established policies, procedures, and safety practices
- Meet all initial credential requirements and maintain credentialing through compliance with SACA.
- Ensure all assigned courses are in compliance with SACA standards.
- Remain current with changes in the field and with SACA certification standards
- Teach courses at times that meet students and industry schedules to include evening, online and on the weekends.
The Director will also be responsible and accountable for additional duties and assignments as prescribed by the Assistant Vice President of Innovation One.
The Director should bring experience with, and commitment to:
- Promotion of academic program(s) with industry and schools
- Strong follow through and ownership of programs
- Ability to assess the programs and students for competence and performance
- Service to the university
- Student recruiting, and retention (in conjunction with Admissions)
- Service to the community
- Activities leading to professional development and growth
- Highschool diploma/GED with relevant professional certifications.
Preference will be given to canidates with a Bachelors degree from an accredited four-year university or college.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.