Human Resources Specialist
Human Resources Specialist
The Human Resources Specialist position is an integral member of the Human Resources team. The Human Resources Specialist provides administrative support to the Office of Human Resources on all personnel matters and human resources functions as needed. Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources this position will responsible for the onboarding of student workers, adjunct professors and all other part-time employees. In addition, assist the Director of Human Resources with performing a variety of human resources operations and system activities. The Human Resource Specialist primarily reports to the Director of Human Resources but may also take direction from the Assistant Vice President for Human Resources.
- Oversite of student hires, adjunct professors and part-time employee onboarding by conducting I9 verifications, new hire onboarding within ADP, working with supervisors and Financial Aid to ensure proper department allocations.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining personnel files in accordance with the University’s established records retention guidelines.
- Reviews all CGPS adjunct professor applications and appropriately dispositions based upon required qualifications.
- Enroll all CGPS adjunct professors in required training; ensuring completion or rescheduling as necessary.
- Complete IT New Hire request form for all CGPS adjunct professors.
- Oversite of student, adjunct professors and part-time employee terminations within the HRIS.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources with employee inquires, employee communications, and with special projects as needed.
- Completes monthly audit of new hire information with ADP and submits completed audit to the Director of Human Resources.
- Completes monthly benefit invoice reconciliation and submits discrepancies with carries and makes updates within ADP. Provides reconciled invoices to the Business Office on a monthly basis.
- Completes employment verifications and unemployment requests for information
- Assist with the creation, distribution and tracking of ADA, FMLA and Non-FMLA leave documentation/communication in accordance with federal and state regulations and University policy. Seek approval for FMLA/ADA requests form the Director of Human Resources and/or Assistance Vice President for HR.
- Assist with ensuring SIT and SUI state tax Ids are accurately maintained within ADP
- Assist with the preparation and scheduling of performance review forms.
- Assists with the scheduling and administration of University training programs.
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience
Bachelor Degree in Human Resources and/or equivalent experience.
- One to Three years experience in Human Resources
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now preferred
- General knowledge of laws and regulations relating to recruiting, hiring and benefit administration preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and writing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Benefits offered include:
- Health – medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs, flex spending or HSA accounts
- Retirement – after one year of full-time service you are eligible for employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
- Life Insurance – a variety of voluntary life options are available along with employee life insurance (1½ times annual salary)
- Financial Insurance – employer paid Long Term Disability and voluntary Short-Term Disability, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, and Critical Illness options are available
- Education – after 6 months of full-time service education benefits are available for employee, spouse, and dependent children
- Vacation and Sick Pay – in accordance with Trine's policy
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Opens in new window
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.