MS Information Studies
The Master of science in information studies (MSIS) is designed to provide students with an opportunity to develop technological leadership in the analysis, design, development, maintenance and operation of information systems. This program is offered completely online (except for F-1 Visa international graduate students*).
Technology leadership degree for you.
Focused, values-driven, and accelerated, this graduate program for adults holding a bachelor degree is defined by an intense focus on information systems and is offered online and in a hybrid format.
- Do you want to grow your leadership and business skills?
- Are you hoping to advance to the next level in your organization?
- Do you hold a bachelor degree in a technology field and want a Master's degree in technology?
If you answered yes, the MSIS is the right program for you.
In the MS in Information Studies program, students will use the latest tools and techniques to:
- utilize the managerial process and tools for effective management and leadership.
- assess and leverage the impact of information technology to enhance business competitiveness and optimize business management.
- develop professional communication skills in public speaking, public relations, and electronic media.
As a technology-savvy specialist ready to move to the next level, you'll be able to critically and analytically analyze, design, develop and maintain information systems to solve business problems. You will advance your information and project management skills with the ability to lead and execute information system projects. Graduates will be able to clearly address issues, influence others and encourage cooperation toward organizational goals.
The Master of science in information studies requires 30 credit hours.
Program Core Courses - 30 credit hours
GE 5103 Project Management
FIN 5203 Finance for Managers
INF 503 Advanced Database
IS 5103 Object-Oriented Programming in JAVA
IS 5113 Data Mining and Data Visualization
IS 5203 Network Management
IS 5213 Data Science and Big Data
IS 5403 Cybersecurity
IS 5803 Information Studies Capstone
BA 6933 Statistics & Quantitative Methods
For a complete description of the above requirements, please go to the Course Catalog (opens in a new window).