The Department of Science at Trine University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in Biology at the Instructor rank, beginning January 2022. The Department of Science at Trine University is a part of the Rinker Ross School of Health Sciences, and offers B.S. degrees in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, and forensic science. The department is housed in the Best Hall of Science and has recently moved into a new $6.6 million, 26,000 square-foot addition. The addition includes new anatomy and physiology, microbiology, biochemistry, organic, and physical/inorganic chemistry laboratories as well as space for student research. The department is well equipped with modern instrumentation including two state of the art Anatomage tables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to undergraduate education in both the classroom and the laboratory.
- Primary teaching responsibilities include 100 level classes and laboratories in introductory biology.
- Participation in campus culture is expected.
- Contribute to a highly collaborative department
- Advise and mentor students.
A Master’s Degree in biology is required. Applicants with teaching experience are preferred. Application materials include a detailed curriculum vita, a statement of teaching philosophy, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trine University offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide a variety of choices to best fit your needs and the needs of your family. Some benefits offered include:
- Health - medical, dental, flex spending, HSA accounts
- Life insurance - a variety of voluntary life options are available along with an employer paid employee life policy valued at 1 ½ times annual salary
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Retirement - after one year of full-time service you are eligible for an employer contribution of 5% and up to an additional 5% employer match
Are you ready to join Trine?
Trine University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, citizenship status, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law, unless such basis constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Trine will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.