Plan Your Arrival - International Graduate Programs
The start of the year is quickly approaching, and there is much to do for your preparation before arriving to the United States and studying at a Trine University. Please see the checklist below of what to prepare prior to your arrival:
Plan to attend Orientation. See Orientation page for schedule.
Please note that on-campus housing in not available for graduate students. Please see off-campus housing information below.
- Housing - http://www.apartments.comOpens in new window
- Rent.com - http://www.rent.com/
- Apartmentlist: https://www.apartmentlist.com
- Opens in new windowLocal Real Estate Listings
- Local Newspaper and other local community papers
At the U.S. Port of Entry, you will be inspected by an immigration officer before you are permitted to collect your checked luggage. Therefore, prior to departure for the U.S., you should pack the following items in your carry-on bag, NOT in your checked luggage:
- Passport with visa
- I-20 or DS-2019
- Trine admission letter
- Financial guarantee
- Immunization records
- Original academic documents
- Laptop (all graduate students are required to have a laptop - you may buy one here if necessary)
- Important items such as medication, eye glasses, contacts, credit card and/or sufficient money in travelers checks or USD$, and bilingual dictionary.
Some things to think about are:
- Consider bringing recipes of native foods, small souvenirs from your home country, cultural clothing, music, and photos from home.
- Research if you need a power converter (U.S. voltage is 110-120).
*Note: Include your name and University address on your bags, in case it gets lost.
- One University Ave., Angola, IN 46703
Get to know other students before you arrive on campus:
Trine University International Graduate Students group