How to Apply for Financial Aid
There are many pieces of information we need in order to make sure we can get you the most financial aid possible. Below is a list for you to make sure we have everything.
- Apply for admission
- Be accepted into a degree seeking program as an eligible student at one of our eligible locations.
- Get your FSA ID at https://www.studentaid.gov. You will need an FSA ID to begin your FAFSA.
- Complete the FAFSA (available Oct. 1st typically, but will be delayed to December 2023 for the 2024-25 year) by the March 1st deadline at fafsa.govOpens in new window. This is to be completed annually. Please remember our school code for the FAFSA is 001839.
- Activate your MyTrineFAOpens in new window account online to have access to all your financial aid information.
- Turn in all requested documents to financial aid. If you have been selected for verification please send in those required documents ASAP as it can affect your aid.
- Review your financial aid offer and accept/decline awards through MyTrineFAOpens in new window.
As soon as we are able to, Trine begins preparing new students aid packages. Historically that was in March when the FAFSA opened in January. With the shift to October 1st, we began packaging in December this year. Returning students will have their packages prepared after spring semester is completed, when they are registered for fall and housing assignments are made. That process generally begins in May and continues through July.
Make sure that you are registered for full time enrollment and that all of your FAFSA information is accurate to maximize your aid.