PA Direct Entry
The Trine University Direct Entry path allows a unique opportunity for a select number of incoming first-year students who excel academically and demonstrate an advanced level of maturity to gain "direct entry" into our PA program after completing an approved* undergraduate plan of study in three years or the traditional four years path . Up to 10 seats are reserved for this direct admission program.
Admission to this path first requires the student to be admitted to an undergraduate major. Students must select a major in either biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or biomedical engineering. Upon admission to the undergraduate program, the candidate then applies to the PA Direct Entry program
Direct entry can be achieved through selecting a 3+2.5 path, three years of accelerated undergraduate work followed by the seven-semester master's program, or the more traditional 4+2.5 path, four years of undergraduate work plus seven semesters of the master's program in physician assistant studies. Direct entry is a highly selective program and seats are limited to 10 students each year on a first come first serve basis.**
PA Direct Entry Admission Process
- Candidates must first complete an application and be admitted to an approved Trine University undergraduate program, which meets the requirements of the PA Direct Entry program.
- High school transcript showing minimum 3.50 GPA (4.0 scale)
- A minimum ACT Composite of 25 or SAT (R+M) 1210
- Select biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or biomedical engineering as a major
- Included in the application, a student will also need to submit a brief essay describing how any extra-curricular activities or work-related experiences may have prepared you for a career as a physician assistant
- Candidates will be contacted for an Interview with a Trine University PA program admission representative
To maintain your eligibility into the master of physician assistant studies during your undergraduate years, the following criteria must be met:
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA in all undergraduate course work
- Maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA in all undergraduate prerequisite course work
- Incoming Freshman Direct Entry students are required to satisfy all other entry requirements prior to formal admission to the graduate professional program