Franks School of Education
Join our nationally accredited, fast-growing Franks School of Education. We feature innovative programs, small class sizes, hands-on learning in world-class learning environments, immediate experiences in K-12 schools and ten straight years of 100% job placement.
We are dedicated to:
- Providing extensive experiences in a variety of schools beginning in your first semester;
- Creating a safe learning environment through small class sizes to encourage you to take academic risks;
- Incorporating engaging, hands-on learning experiences that deepen your content knowledge;
- Teaching you the latest evidence-based strategies so all your students can learn and grow;
- Providing you with value-added training opportunities for certifications such as Google Educator Level 1, Crisis Prevention Intervention, and Project Lead the Way Launch Teacher Training.
Our dedicated faculty are award-winning educators who are passionate, knowledgeable, and student-centered. Through our 18:1 student-to-professor ratio in education courses, teaching majors grow in their educational knowledge, skills, and dispositions to become effective educators.
Our goal is to perpetuate the teaching profession by shaping future generations of teachers. Given our high job placement rates of 12 straight years of 100% job placement, we feel confident we are accomplishing this goal.
Elementary (K-6) Options:
- Elementary Education (K-6) | Major
- Dual Licensure in Elementary Education K-6 and Special Education/Mild Intervention P-12 | Major
- Dual Licensure in Elementary Education K-6 and Montessori 6-9
Secondary (5-12) & All Grade (P-12) Options:
English/Language Arts Education (5-12)* | Major
Secondary Education – Science (5-12)* | Major
Secondary Education – Social studies (5-12)* | Major
All-grade Education – Health /Physical Education (P-12) | Major
Education Studies (P-12) Non-Licensure Program | Major
Secondary Education – Mathematics (5-12)* | Major
* Special Education (Mild Intervention) Dual Licensure (P-12) can be added to any Secondary Education degree
- Master of Education in Montessori Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education in Elementary I Montessori Education
- Coaching | Minor
- Exercise Science | Minor
- History | Minor
- Political Science | Minor
- Psychology | Minor
- Montessori Education