facebook logo
For the latest information on our Fall Semester please visit - www.trine.edu/trine-strong/
Group walking on campus

Transferring to Trine University


Trine University welcomes transfer students. Transfer students from junior colleges, community colleges, and other accredited institutions of higher learning share their diverse experiences in the classroom and enhance the academic experience for all students at Trine.

How does Trine define a transfer student? A transfer student is anyone who has taken any classes for college credit beginning the fall semester following his or her high school graduation.

Ready to take the next step? Our application is free and online.

Apply ButtonMain Campus transfer application information -

In addition to your transfer application, we will need the following items for admission consideration:

High School & College Transcripts
Request official transcripts from your high school and any previously enrolled college or university be sent to:

One University Ave.
Angola, IN 46703

800.347.4878 or


Results from the American College Aptitude Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) are required unless the applicant has been out of high school for five years or more.

High school students need to take the ACT and/or the SAT and request that scores be sent to Trine University. Our code numbers are 1250 for the ACT and 1811 for the SAT. NOTE: The writing section of the ACT and SAT are optional.

Admission requirements for transfer students

Transferring Credits

  • Credits earned from a regionally accredited institution and completed with a grade of "C" or better may be transferred. All accepted credits may not count toward the specific degree requirements of the chosen major.
  • Only credits attempted and earned at Trine are used to determine the GPA.
  • Credit acceptance is determined by the Chair of the appropriate department. A credit evaluation will be completed and sent to the student after all appropriate documents and official transcripts have been received.
  • Trine uses the A = 4.0 grading system.
  • To be eligible for a baccalaureate degree, a student must earn a minimum of 30 credits at Trine. Thirty of the last 60 credits of a four-year degree program must be taken at Trine.
  • To be eligible for an associate degree, a student must earn a minimum of 15 credits at Trine. Fifteen of the last 30 credits of a two-year degree program must be taken at Trine.

Learn more about our transfer agreements and transfer relationships.

Transfer-Specific Scholarships

  • Phi Theta Kappa and American Honors Scholarship: Students who are members of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society or the American Honors program, and are classified as transfer students, are eligible for an honors scholarship. Currently, these scholarships are valued at $2,500 annually.
  • Continuing Education Award: Students who have earned a bachelor's degree and are wishing to transfer to Trine to pursue an additional undergraduate degree are eligible to receive the Continuing Education Award. Currently, this award is valued at $10,000 annually.

Learn more about our transfer scholarships.

For more information:

Jessica Bremer, Director of Transfer Admission
260.665.4819 | bremerj@trine.edu